Terms & Conditions
1. Magicman Holdings Limited payment terms are 30 days from the date of invoice. This applies to all account customers unless otherwise agreed in writing by both parties PRIOR to the commencement of works. Non-account customers must pay in full prior to the commencement of work.
2. Account & Non-account customers will be charged 100% of the applicable rate for cancellations within 24 hours of commencement start time.
3. Retention is 0% (works are warranted unless otherwise stated).
4. No discounts are applicable unless agreed in writing PRIOR to the commencement of works. Any document requiring a signature must be signed by a duly authorised representative.
5. The defect liability period is 12 months from completion of each item of contract works OR as agreed in writing between parties PRIOR to the commencement of works.
6. All access requirements (scaffold/towers, MEWPS) are the responsibility of the requesting party unless agreed in writing PRIOR to commencement. Additional charges will be made for access equipment supplied.
7. A written request for attendance must be received by email or post confirming client requirements PRIOR to Magic Man Ltd attendance. Any order must contain the following details must be received by Magicman in order for works to be programmed
a. Company authorised and recognised Purchase Order Number
b. The name contact details and title of the person ordering the work.
c. Confirmation that they have the authority of their employer to order such works.
d. Company name and address.
e. Site address and contact details.
f. Contact details of the on-site person authorised to accept work each day. Please note that it is the express responsibility of the requesting contracting party to inspect and accept (by means of signature on Magicman Holdings Limited portal or paperwork) completed works daily. Failure to provide such a representative will be deemed as acceptance and signature for all work completed (subject to alternative arrangements agreed in advance and in writing between the parties).
g. Contact details of the Quantity Surveyor (or other person) responsible for acceptance and payment of the invoices.
h. Invoice address.
i. Any other requirements of the purchasing company/individual to facilitate payment for works need to be provided at the time of booking and NOT after the event. Any information not requested at the time of order subsequently requested or relied upon after contract works completion will not be a valid reason for delay of settlement of invoices.
j. Photographs as requested by Magicman Holdings Limited.
k. Paint colour (RAL) or manufacturer’s details and sheen (if known).
l. Any special texture, design or other finish relevant to the works.
m. Any special or peculiar circumstances or limiting factors relevant to the location of the works, their surroundings and the safety of Magicman Holdings Limited operatives and those in the vicinity.
n. Power supply available 240v/110v.
o. Lighting condition, i.e. fixed, temporary or task (with temporary or task lighting it is accepted by the contracting party that subtle colour difference may be experienced when permanent lighting is installed). Responsibility for any variance and subsequent re-visit (and cost) rests entirely with the requesting party.
p. Any restrictions on ventilation or requirement thereof.
q. Parking availability (on-site / off-site).
r. Site operating hours.
s. Notification of any other condition or pre-requisite for the accurate completion of Method Statements and Risk assessments.
t. Site induction times/dates.
8. Failure to comply with clause 8 above places all responsibility of risk and delay with the requesting contracting party.
9. Magicman Holdings Limited do not agree to the acceptance of any documentation or reference to documentation not supplied and agreed prior to attendance.
10. No responsibility is taken for damage caused to the contract works either during or after the event unless such damage is expressly attributable to Magicman Holdings Limited staff. Subcontract works will have the adjacent area protected at the time of repair and removed upon completion.
11. Construction Industry Scheme – Magicman Holdings Limited is paid Gross under this scheme and our Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) will be supplied upon request.
12. For all customers, Magicman assumes that you are the end-user for section 55A VAT Act 1994 reverse charge for building and construction services. Magicman will issue you with a normal VAT invoice, with VAT charged at the appropriate rate. We will not account for the reverse charge. Only with a valid VAT, CIS number and a statement confirming that you are not the end user, will Magicman invoice in line with Reverse VAT Charging.
13. C.I.T.B – Magicman Holdings Limited is not a member of this scheme as the bespoke nature of our works requires, that we train all operatives ourselves. Therefore, NO deductions under this scheme should be made.
14. Failure to gain safe access to the contract works on the day of booking will be deemed an “abortive visit” and will be charged in full.
15. Works cannot be completed within a live/occupied environment unless isolated with adequate ventilation. If confirmed that the area is free and there is unfettered access, should Magicman Holdings Limited arrive and the building be live/occupied this will be classed as an “abortive visit” and the full charge will stand.
16. Delays to Sub-Contract work beyond the control of Magicman Holdings Limited (and accepting weather or Force Majeure) but directly attributable to others may result in additional charges.
17. The Glass Polishing process requires the removal of some glass. The polishing process also produces heat. On rare occasions the glass may crack or break during the restoration process, this can result from thermal stress or more likely from other unknown existing flaws/imperfections or faults in the glass itself. Magicman Holdings Limited does not take responsibility for this occurrence. This is due to the glass being already damaged and in need of replacement prior to our attendance.
18. Magicman Holdings Limited cannot be held responsible for slight distortions caused by the polishing process (as glass polishing is a technique of removing material and not adding material) in cases of distortion beyond the acceptable GGF regulations no charge will be made.
19. For jobs where the client has supplied paint/specialist coating which does not match existing OR details supplied by the client of required paint that are incorrect and therefore job cannot progress; FULL charge for the abortive visit will be made. (Magicman Holdings Limited, at additional cost, offer a colour matching service by either a visit or match to sample provided by the client.)
20. Magicman Holdings Limited coatings are supplied in any of the RAL, NCS or BS colour ranges. Where possible client to supply details of the coating and manufacturer (Magicman Holdings Limited may be able to supply colour references outside of the above colour schemes, which may add additional cost. However, should a colour not be obtainable a sample will be required and matched as stated in the above clause.
21. All estimates, costs and invoices are stated in United Kingdom Pounds Sterling (£UK).
Last updated: November 15, 2023